Get 15% Off on World Health Day Flash Sale Get 15% Off on World Health Day Flash Sale

ADVERTISEMENT

Are Casein Supplements a Wise Health Investment?

building muscles

Story at-a-glance -

  • Casein is the primary protein in raw milk, making up about 80 percent of its protein. The other 20 percent is whey
  • Casein can be divided into three main types: native whole milk casein from raw milk, cheese casein and industrial casein — the latter of which should be avoided. Industrial caseins include all isolates and caseinates
  • There are pros and cons to taking casein, and careful consideration for quality based on source and processing, as well as your chief health aim, is advised

By Dr. Mercola

Some foods can be quite controversial, making it difficult to make a definitive determination as to their benefit for health. Casein falls into this "gray" category, where the quality of the source and your chief health aim require careful consideration.


Read the Full Article for Free!
Subscribe to the #1 Natural Health Newsletter
  • Unlock censored health information that Google doesn't want you to read
  • Keep your privacy secure — We are no longer active on Facebook and are blocking our content from Google search to ensure your privacy stays protected
  • Get access to all of Dr. Mercola's health articles, E-books and special reports

Existing Subscribers: Enter your email address for instant access