Get Fit and Healthy while at Home Get Fit and Healthy while at Home

ADVERTISEMENT

How to Get Rid of Love Handles With These 10-Minute Workouts

Love Handle Workout

Story at-a-glance -

  • A 10-minute workout of woodchoppers, Russian twists, side plank hip lifts, and bicycle crunches can help you to tone and strengthen your obliques (the muscles under your “love handles”)
  • About 80 percent of your ability to reduce excess body fat is determined by what you eat, with the other 20 percent related to fat-burning exercise and other healthy lifestyle habits
  • A combination of a healthful diet, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), intermittent fasting, and targeted ab exercises is one of the most effective plans for losing your love handles

By Dr. Mercola

Love handles, like most types of abdominal fat, can be quite challenging to get rid of, and for many may hold even after you've lost weight elsewhere in your body. But, contrary to popular belief, targeting your abs with crunches or even targeted exercises for your obliques (the muscles under your love handles) will not specifically reduce fat in your problem areas.


Read the Full Article for Free!
Subscribe to the #1 Natural Health Newsletter
  • Unlock censored health information that Google doesn't want you to read
  • Keep your privacy secure — We are no longer active on Facebook and are blocking our content from Google search to ensure your privacy stays protected
  • Get access to all of Dr. Mercola's health articles, E-books and special reports

Existing Subscribers: Enter your email address for instant access